Learn about how we collect, use and protect your personal data
At Circuit Parts, looking after the personal data you share with us is extremely important. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and we understand how we use it to offer you a better, more personalised shopping experience.
The data controller is referred to in this policy as “Circuit Parts”, “we” or “us”)
Policy Cover Outline
- Outlines the types of personal data that we collect
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- Explains why and when we will share personal data within Circuit Parts and with other organisations (suppliers and manufacturers)
- Explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data. We offer a wide range of products and services, so we want to clearly explain what this policy covers. This policy applies to our website, www.circuitparts.in (opens in a new tab). Using our service means: this policy also applies when you shop with us over the phone, and also if you contact us or any time we contact you about our services.
Personal Data We Collect
This section describes the personal data we may collect from you when you use our service, and what other personal data we may receive from other sources.
Data you provide to us directly.
When you register on our site and for our services or purchase products, you provide us with the following:
- Your name, profile information, shipping address and billing addresses, payment information, email address, phone numbers, and business name (where applicable).
- When you create an account, you are prompted to create a username and a password. Circuit Parts maintains your username and password (in an encrypted format) inside our secure environment and only uses your information to welcome you back and to personalise your experience.
- The shipping and billing addresses you provided for convenience during future purchases.
- The products and other information in your basket, project, BOM, or contained in your order history.
Data we collect
When you contact us, any time Circuit Parts contacts you, or whenever you take part in any promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires from Circuit Parts, or whenever you post or speak with us through social media, we may collect the following information:
- Personal data you provide any time you contact us (for example: your name and contact details, including phone and email)
- Details of the emails and other digital communications, including any links in them that you access, and whether you have opened the communications;
- Email headers, source IP information, sending email server hostnames and ISP information;
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
You are free to choose which information you want to provide to us, or whether you want to provide us with information at all. However, some information, such as your name, address and payment information, is necessary to process your transaction. By not providing this information, you will not be able to use our website, order products or use some of our services.
When purchasing Circuit Parts products, Circuit Parts does not keep credit card numbers. Your credit card information is tokenised the first time it is processed. Should you elect to save a credit card to your account for future use, only the encrypted token is stored and used to charge your credit card account; 2. Circuit Parts deploys technologies that detect and remove credit card information sent through unapproved channels via email or fax; and Circuit Parts integrates with regional payment processors globally. Third-party payment processors (Stripe, PayPal, etc.) process payment data through their sites and not through Circuit Parts's website.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
What does Circuit Parts use my data for?
Purchase processing and provision of online, local and personalised services:
- The provision, personalisation and needs-based design of our services, including websites, apps and cross-device and cross-platform functions.
- The execution of purchase agreements and customer service, including payment processing, claim management as well as the processing of returns, complaints and warranty claims.
- Non-promotional communication with you on technical, security-related and contractually relevant subjects (e.g. fraud warnings, account blocking or product recall).
- The execution of campaigns, competitions and/or newsletters.
Improving the shopping experience:
Prevention of fraud:
Circuit Parts uses collected data to verify identity and secure against fraud and protect against potential security issues. This applies both to ordering and to registering for a customer account. Circuit Parts uses encryption and security technologies to protect our network and data. Circuit Parts also uses technical and organisational measures to secure our systems against loss, destruction, unauthorised access or distribution of customer data by unauthorised persons. Protection of personal data is our top priority. Circuit Parts uses technical and manual procedures for fraud prevention in order to protect our users from misuse of data, especially from fraudulent orders.
Circuit Parts uses data provided and creditworthiness data from external credit agencies, in the form of score values, to establish a credit line. Score values are statistically justified estimates of the future risk of a person defaulting, represented as a numerical value. Depending on the result of the credit check, i.e. whether it is positive or negative, we will show you appropriate payment methods that you can use to continue and complete your purchase.
Advertising and market research, data analysis:
Circuit Parts uses your data, also within the framework of data analysis, for advertising and market research, in particular for the following purposes:
- Classification into various target and user groups within the framework of market research (user segmentation).
- Findings on various target groups and their respective usage habits and shopping interests.
- The production of findings on demography, interests, our users' shopping and usage habits as well as the marketing based on these findings within the framework of advertising services provided to third parties.
- The early identification of trends in the areas of technology and online shopping.
- The execution of advertising to existing customers.
- The execution of direct marketing, e.g. in the form of newsletters. 7.The planning, execution and success monitoring of advertising corresponding to the interests of target groups.
- Findings as to how our services are used (usage analysis).
Product and technology development:
Circuit Parts uses your data for product and technology development, including the development and improvement of personalised services. In doing this, we use aggregated, pseudonymised or anonymised data and machine learning algorithms for the analysis in the interests of our users. Data is processed in relation to product and technology development particularly for the following purposes:
- The development and improvement of personalised services and technologies for data analysis, advertising and more relevant product searching.
- The development of technologies and concepts to improve IT security, prevent fraud and improve data protection e.g. by using pseudonymisation, encryption and anonymisation technologies.
Business management and business optimisation:
Circuit Parts transmits and processes data necessary for administrative and logistical processes. Data processing for business management and business optimisation also allows us to improve customer service, manage fraud and security. At no time does Circuit Parts sell customer information. Circuit Parts does not share information without your knowledge and consent. When required to disclose "point of sale" (“POS”) information to the manufacturer for market research and payment of commission to the manufacturer's sales force. On the basis of your consent: If you have given Circuit Parts consent for the processing of personal data, your consent is the primary basis of our data processing. Typical purposes include:
- Subscription to a newsletter
- Participation in surveys and market research studies
- Customer Service Support documentation
- The execution of a credit check (if it is not necessary for contractual fulfilment)
Retention and protection of your Data:
We care about the security of your information and employ physical, administrative and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of information collected through transactions on our website and customer service. We have in place secure servers, firewalls and encryption to safeguard all our information. We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the business purposes fully outlined in this policy, in accordance with our legal obligations and the performance of contracts. In general, transactional records are deleted after statutory retention requirements have been met (a transactional record is the record of a purchase, invoice, refund, return, credit or payment).
Third Party Analytics and Online Advertising
Online Advertising Interest-Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. Cookies and tracking technologies are able to recognise the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. Our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, or other widgets. These social media companies may recognise you and collect information about your visit to our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies. We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programmes that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown an interest in our services while those users are on the social media platform or to groups of other users who share similar traits. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. Cross-Device Linking. We, or our third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you log into our website. This allows us to provide interest-based advertising and other personalised content across your devices, perform analytics, and measure the performance of our advertising campaigns. Third Party Analytics Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to recognise you and link the devices you use when you visit our website on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on our site, or engage with us. Google Analytics allows us to understand how you interact with our site and tailor our advertisements and content to you. You can learn more about Google's practices at "https://google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ (opens in a new tab)". For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, see Google's site.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that we learn we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information.
Links to other Websites and Services
Our services may contain links to and from third-party websites related directly to our business partners, advertisers and social media sites. In addition, our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or websites. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies, terms, and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use and share information.
Changes to this Policy
We may modify or update this policy from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and international compliance requirements. When any changes in the policy occur, we will update the 'last modified' date at the top of this page