Our roadmap typically looks out 12 months and we establish topics we want to work on. We don't start with our roadmap on a blank sheet. We develop it based on our last roadmap, the findings we made over the course of the last year, and of course from what we hear from you in issues and discussions.
When we execute on our roadmap, we keep learning and our assessment of some of the topics listed changes. As a result, we may add or drop topics as we go. After around 12 months we come together to develop the next roadmap.
We describe some initiatives as "investigations" or "explorations" which means our goal in the next few months is to better understand the problem and potential solutions before scheduling actual feature work. Once an investigation is done, we will update our plans, either deferring the initiative or committing to it.
As always we have a ton of stuff on our roadmap that will be available for our users in the coming months.
- Project Management Tool: This tool helps users to create a new project and add their parts to the project, whether a bunch of components of PCB Fabrication specifications. This allows the user to organise their shopping list as per their projects and order the parts at their convenience with just a couple of clicks.
- AI based part recommendation: Our AI based recommendation system will suggest the best parts for your project based on your requirements.
- Download ECAD symbols, Footprints and 3D models: When a user searches for a part on the platform, an associated ECAD symbol, footprint and 3D models for the part will be visible to the user and a compatible version of the model can be downloaded on to their system.
- Electronic Design Calculators: No more manual calculations. Use our calculators to get the right values based on the current IPC standards.
- Extensions for ECAD tools: Extensions that integrate with the user’s ECAD tool and seamlessly lets them order components and PCBs from within your CAD tools.
- Inventory management: Organise inventory with our inventory management tool that seamlessly integrates with our ordering platform letting users order parts with just couple of clicks.
These are examples of some of the work we will be focusing on in the next 12 months. We continuously tune the plan based on feedback and we update the documentation. We will develop our next roadmap in around 12 months from now. Please follow along and let us know what you think!